Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What I've learned so far...

Hi everyone! I'm writing this quickly before my Learning Team starts. My first lesson is I should get mobile internet access.

Besides that I'm excited about creating an on-line course that will make me re-think my course objectives and design a course that tightens the links among the activities, the asssessment and the objectives. Yesterday and today I've thought a lot as well reagarding student-focused and teacher-focused courses.

Additionally in various sessions it has been stressed that many resources and materials are available already. I've been given some websites that I'll give here.

http://www.merlot.org/merlot/index.htm
academicearth.org
www.ctl.mnscu.edu/iteach/online/ni_itotor.php (online teaching resources)
www.albion.com/netiquette/courserules.html (for rules on etiquette on the Net)
www2.nea.org/he/abouthe/techip.html

One last one: Illinois Online Network (ION) offers a serious of courses to assist faculty to learn to teach online. Two presenters finished the Master Teacher Certificate for Online teaching. http://www.ion.illinois.edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment